Apply For an Associate Matching Grant
Before submitting an online application, confirm that your organization and request meet the requirements (see Eligibility Guidelines below).
Apply For Funding
The organizations must:
- Be located in our , which comprises the Charleston, WV area, Maryland, Northern Virginia (east of Rt. 123) and the District of Columbia;
- Address CareFirst's community outreach mission;
- Possess exemption by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) of the tax code;
- Have a current, satisfactory audit conducted by a certified public accountant (preferred); and,
- Have a long-standing reputation for credibility and integrity.
It is the Company's policy to decline requests to benefit:
- Organizations without the IRS 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) status;
- Organizations outside of the CareFirst service area;
- Profit-making organizations;
- Individuals who request contributions for personal activities (e.g. little leagues, beauty pageants, fundraising challenges);
- Building funds or capital campaigns;
- Direct scholarships for individuals;
- Political causes or campaigns;
- Organizations that exist primarily to influence legislators or intervene in political campaigns;
- The national office of an organization without a local chapter;
- Schools, PTA organizations, or sports teams;
- Fraternities and sororities;
- Service clubs (e.g., Kiwanis, Lodges, etc.);
- Religious organizations when denominational or sectarian; or,
- Any institution or organization that discriminates by sex, race, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed or ethnic origin.
To be considered for an Associate Matching Grant, the charitable organization supported by the CareFirst associate must complete the Associate Matching Grants Application. CareFirst only matches contributions to health-related organizations. Please allow up to eight weeks for your application to be reviewed.
Follow these guidelines when submitting an Associate Matching Grant application:
- Necessary associate contribution information must be included in the application.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly, on a first come, first served basis.
- A $500 associate matching grant maximum applies to each contribution, per associate, per year. For example, the company will match multiple contributions (up to $500) from one associate, provided the contributions are made to different organizations. The company will also match contributions (up to $500) to the same organization, provided the contributions are made from different associates.
- Associate Matching Grant Applications must be received no later than February 28 of the year following the year of the associate contribution.
- Applications can be saved and completed at a later date, if needed.
- Once you’ve completed the application, click the SUBMIT button. You will receive an electronic acknowledgement of our receipt.
Please send questions about the grant process to CareFirst’s Community Affairs team. Be sure to include your name and contact information in the email.
Note: We recognize that there are many worthwhile charitable organizations doing outstanding work throughout our service area. We will support as many charitable organizations—consistent with our giving guidelines—as our funding allows.
Associate Matching Grants Application